Monday, June 23, 2014

Piano At the Begining

One of the instruments I play is piano. Piano is a very common instrument, but people take that for granted. Most people think that the piano is really easy to play. But as I always say, it's not. You don't just press a key. You have to get into it, you have to read and connect with the music. You need to feel it. It may be boring at first but you need to get into it. It can be hard but start one step at a time. Live as you play, and as my piano teacher ALWAYS said, fingertips. One rule in the piano world is to always play on your fingertips. Some people just can't play like that, but if you stick to it you can accomplish your goal. Piano is art, one of the most important fine arts. It is not mandatory but it is a good skill to have because you can learn things in piano that are important in life. It is a very hard job to keep up most of the time, but just follow and you will make it in the world. Piano is like life, you must always go for the challenge, live on the piano. Or as many would say, live like there is no tomorrow.

Now time to learn. You must always keep all fingers on the keyboard or else you might lose focus. As I said before, play on your fingertips. Have a good posture too. Show the crowd that you are the best you can be. When in use of the peddle, you must keep your heel on the ground. So that way your leg wouldn't get tired. Always try to sit in the middle so your arms can reach all the keys (but of course if you are small you would have to grow into it). 

If you just started and don't have a piano at home, go out and buy one, there is plenty. But if you can't afford one then there are keyboards. Keyboards are not as good but as long as you can express yourself you are fine.

Finally, when you just started you will see amazing pianist. They will blow your mind. And then you want to be like that. But when try you don't understand. It is very simple though. It is good to go for the challenge but you need to learn. You can't just become that good automatically. Work hard and you will succeed. Don't give up if it is hard. Everyone has troubles. Don't let this bother you. I know that I have had a competitive spirit and always wanted to win. But now I see that you need to work hard, and that will take time. But trust me, it pays off! I have fun. I can finally express myself that no one else can understand. That means I am being my own me. I am taking charge of my life. Don't let other people stop because they think it isn't cool. But if you like it you can't change that. You're being yourself and there's no problem with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment